Mostrar 6565 resultados

Descrição arquivística
2153 resultados com objetos digitais Mostrar resultados com objetos digitais
Counterpart Lease, 1801
MCCA/MCAD/4/1/1/1/24 · Item · 8 April 1801
Parte de College Archives

Parties: (1) Magdalene College, (2) George Warren (grocer)

Lease of four tenements in the parish of St Giles for 10 years from Lady Day 1801. Yearly rent £10.

Counterpart Lease, 1823
MCCA/MCAD/4/1/1/1/25 · Item · 30 June 1823
Parte de College Archives

Parties: (1) Magdalene College, (2) Thomas Riddel (cook)

Lease of four tenements in the parish of St Giles for 10 years from Michaelmas Day 1823. Yearly rent £50.

The Star Inn
MCCA/MCAD/4/1/1/3 · Subsérie · 1550 - 1605
Parte de College Archives

This inn was located in Magdalene Street immediately north of Old Lodge (it's southerly wall where the doors of Benson Hall now open on to the enclosed courtyard), at what used to be 6 Magdalene Street. This inn is listed in a vintner's register of 1511 and was acquired from Trinity College by Thomas Howard, Earl of Suffolk, in 1605. He probably gave it to Magdalene shortly after.

Feoffment for The Star Inn, 1585
MCCA/MCAD/4/1/1/3/4 · Item · 27 September 1585
Parte de College Archives

Parties: (1) Oliver Flint, (2) John Howell and William Henry

Feoffment in trust for Flint, his wife, and their heirs.

Grant for The Star Inn, 1593
MCCA/MCAD/4/1/1/3/5 · Item · 10 June 1593
Parte de College Archives

Grant (enrolled in Chancery) from Johanna Flint to John Andrew of a messuage in St Giles' parish sometime Dankyns and also of the messuage called 'The Star'.

Feoffment with Attornment Endorsed, for The Star Inn, 1605
MCCA/MCAD/4/1/1/3/7 · Item · 1 November 1605
Parte de College Archives

Parties: (1) John Andrews, (2) Thomas Lord Howard

Feoffment of the messuage called 'The Star' and another messuage adjoining in St Giles' parish with an endorsement of the attornment of Thomas Parker the tenant.

The Green Peel Inn
MCCA/MCAD/4/1/1/4 · Subsérie · 1590 - 1620
Parte de College Archives

This inn was located at 7 Magdalene Street where Benson Hall now stands. In 1596 it had a frontage of 52 feet and might have possessed a garden and bowling green. In 1615 it was bought for Magdalene by the Master, Barnaby Goche. By 1748 it was known as 'The King's Head'. It disappears from Commercial Directories in 1873 though it may have survived in some form until A. C. Benson demolished a row of medieval buildings in 1912 prior to rebuilding.

Lease for The Green Peel Inn, 1590
MCCA/MCAD/4/1/1/4/1 · Item · 2 April 1590
Parte de College Archives

Parties: (1) William James, (2) Thomas Smith

Lease of a messuage in St Giles' parish being part of a messuage called The Green Peel for 18 years from Michaelmas Day 1589.

The King's Head Inn
MCCA/MCAD/4/1/1/5 · Subsérie · 1773 - 1823
Parte de College Archives

This inn was formerly known as 'The Green Peel' and was located at 7 Magdalene Street where Benson Hall now stands (the name had changed by 1748). It disappears from Commercial Directories in 1873 though it may have survived in some form until A. C. Benson demolished a row of medieval buildings in 1912 prior to rebuilding.

The Three Swans Inn
MCCA/MCAD/4/1/2/1 · Subsérie · 1557 - 1823
Parte de College Archives

Formerly known as The Chequer. A feoffment, 11 December 1613, refers to it as a messuage then called The Three Swans and late The Chequer.