Identity area
Reference code
MCCA/MCAD/4/1/1/5
Title
The King's Head Inn
Date(s)
- 1773 - 1823 (Creation)
Level of description
Subseries
Extent and medium
8 items, parchment and paper
Context area
Archival history
Content and structure area
Scope and content
This inn was formerly known as 'The Green Peel' and was located at 7 Magdalene Street where Benson Hall now stands (the name had changed by 1748). It disappears from Commercial Directories in 1873 though it may have survived in some form until A. C. Benson demolished a row of medieval buildings in 1912 prior to rebuilding.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
Accruals
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
Finding aids
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Related units of description
Publication note
For more information see 'The Old Inns of Magdalene Street', by Dr Tom Licence in College Magazine, 2006-2007
Notes area
Note
Recorded in the Muniment Book, page 20
Alternative identifier(s)
Former reference
A/1/5